What is NLP?
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is the exploration of how we communicate, think and change, based on the subjective study of the three most influential components involved in producing human experience: neurology, language and programming.
NLP explores these components using both conscious and unconscious processes, leading to increased communication skills, confidence, motivation and success, and overcoming blocks or barriers which prevent us from leading outstanding lives.
NLP has an amazing track record for instigating fast and efficient change in individuals and groups. Wherever there is human interaction and growth potential, NLP can be used to develop and enhance performance.
NLP is a technology that acknowledges and values the incredible variety and differences that make up human expression. It provides us with a way to simply and efficiently understand, organise and utilise that variety to help us tap into our true potential.
What does it mean?
Neuro - the nervous system through which everything you experience of the world is received and processed through your five senses.
Linguistic - using language and non-verbal communication systems to code, order and make sense of the neural representations of what you have experienced through your senses. Language determines how we interface and communicate with other people.
Programming – having the ability to organise your communication and neurological systems in order to achieve specific desired goals and results. Programming determines the kinds of models of the world we create.
NLP can help you to do, to have, and to be whatever you want!
You can delete and alter ‘files’ in the brain that no longer serve you in manifesting your ultimate destiny.
NLP considers challenges in all time frames – past, present and future, and can clear, reprogram and redirect all negative behaviours and allow you to enjoy an Outstanding Life.
What is it ideal for?
- Renewing self-esteem
- Dreams and Aspirations
- Goal Setting
- Deleting past emotional trauma
- Eliminating Phobias
- Reprogramming Allergies
- Negative Behaviour Patterns
- Peak Performance and Business skills
- Managing change
- Better communication
How can it help me?
NLP increases the depth and effectiveness of our relationships. Beginning with our self it extends through personal and intimate relationships to our professional and work lives, to bring about healing, change and growth. NLP provides the tools that enable this rich connection with self and others to happen.
NLP provides us with our own map of reality. Once we understand our own map, we can close the gap between where we are and where we want to be, and make changes to our behaviour in order to obtain the life experiences we want.
NLP can help to bring about personal and business success and increase personal choice and freedom.
How does it work?
We all have the resources we need to make the changes we want. Understanding it becomes the foundation for taking charge of our lives. NLP enables us to remove the limitations that have kept us from consciously accessing all our rich internal resources, strategies and skills and creating the life experiences we want.
NLP will help you replace unhealthy traits and behaviours with positive thoughts and patterns that promote wellness.
Key Strategies with NLP
- Focus on WHAT WE WANT. Our focus determines the direction we will go and where our energy and resources will be spent. Focus and direction are fundamental in life. Many of us focus on what we don’t want and what is wrong, and wonder why we stay stuck. Focusing on what we want is the first step to creating and manifesting what we want.
- Learn from experience. This is what enables us to adjust our behaviour in the direction of success. If our behaviours get the results we want, we have learned what works. If we don't get the results we want, we have learned what doesn't work. Experience helps us stay on the path of success! Learning from experience is the key to personal evolution.
- There is no such thing as failure, only feedback. All experience, both negative and positive, provides the opportunity for gaining wisdom. All information that comes to us can be utilized to adjust our behaviour toward our outcomes. It is only when we criticise and judge rather than understand and use experience, that we negate our opportunities for success.
- Looking for the opportunity and learning in every situation is usually more useful than looking for what is wrong in the situation, turning limiting behaviour patterns into positive learnings.
- Asking How? creates movement towards what we want. It is useful in that it naturally leads to breaking the process down into manageable chunks, making accomplishment of our goals realistic. Asking Why? usually prompts rationalisation or excuses for why things are the way they are. This tends to create a state of inertia with little inclination to act. We stay stuck with Why? We move forward with How ?
NLP and Physical Healing
Your thoughts create a direct physical effect on your body! Anger and resentment poison the physical body - "stress" is a function of how you interpret and focus on events as well as the result of unresourceful eating and sleeping patterns. Stress and fear will lead to a depressed immune system and result in ill health and disease!
What people experience and how they process and give meaning to that experience, determines their behaviour (their response to the people and events in their lives). Therefore, if we want to facilitate change in someone, it is important to know how he or she makes sense of his or her experience. Changing and fine-tuning that process will result in the desired behavioural shifts.
NLP uses self image and attitude towards illness to effect change and to promote healing. Hope is our greatest asset and is one of the main reasons why placebos (sugar pills used in clinical studies) work. When a person loses hope and feels helpless in the face of a chronic disease such as AIDS or cancer, it is very easy for the body to just "stop trying." NLP enables the patient to become aware of his or her unique abilities and possibilities, and he or she may begin see things differently. Now, the body's natural healing power can begin to do the job effectively.
How much does it cost?
Each treatment session is £80 per hour and its duration is usually between one to two hours, depending on the emotional state of the client.